Ready to Lead: Emotions and Leadership
Tuesday, March 19, 2019
12 PM - 1 PM
Wednesday. March 20, 2019
12 PM - 1 PM
Drescher Graduate Campus
Lunch will be served.
The Pepperdine School of Public Policy invites you to a two-day workshop entitled, "Ready to Lead: Emotions and Leadership" with featured speaker Janine Hamner Holman, CEO of J&J Consulting Group.
Holman brings more than 30 years of experience in P2, public affairs, and organizational change management built through working with both Fortune 200 companies and national nonprofit organizations. She spent 10 years studying brain science and developed curriculum to help great organizations create thriving organizations with engaged, high-performing teams, led by dynamic leaders with whom everyone wants to work.
Day 1: Outline
Emotions in the Workplace and Getting to Peak Performance
- Traditional thought on emotions in the workplace
- How to have productive emotions
- Understand the brain reactions when faced with emotions
- Achieving Peak performance
Day 2: Outline
Communication and Leadership
- The difference between leadership and management
- How to effectively demonstrate leadership
- How to communicate professionally
- Why and how to make your work visible to others
This event is sponsored by the School of Public Policy's Dean's office, Davenport Institute, and Women in Public Policy Organization.
SPP students: Workshops are eligible for professional development credit.