P4: Pepperdine Policy Partners Program
The Pepperdine School of Public Policy (SPP) stands committed to our founding principles in preparing the next generation of public leaders. Our unique liberal arts curriculum that balances the quantitative aspects of policy analysis with the study of applied history and philosophy continues to develop public leaders who consider their "moral sense" upon entering careers in the private sector, nonprofit and civic arenas, government, and academia.
Some of our most successful students are those who have graduated from or participated in respected social science programs and co-curricular fellowships. To recognize the rigor of these programs, we launched the Pepperdine Policy Partners Program—"P4"—making available admission and program benefits to P4 applicants:
The Fall 2022 application portal opened on Friday, October 1, 2021. GRE/GMAT/LSAT are optional this year.
Confirm P4 Eligibility
- Check to see if you are an eligible P4 member (refer to the current participating P4 organizations list)
- Begin your application (view admission page)
- Upload ONLY your resume (include your P4 affiliated organization) and undergraduate transcript (showing courses and cumulative GPA). Wait to upload your ethical moral dilemma essay and official test scores.
- Submit your application (this does not finalize your application)
(Note: You will be able to return and complete your application once your P4 tier is confirmed. Your documents will be reviewed and your P4 tier level will be emailed to you. Your P4 status must be approved by the Admissions Office before P4 benefits are granted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.)
Please review the list of current participating P4 organizations. If you are part of one of the below organizations, you may be eligible for Pepperdine School of Public Policy academic benefits.
- American Enterprise Institute: Faith and Public Life
- American Council of Trustees and Alumni
- Alumni (School of Public Policy) Referrals
- Ashbrook Center at Asland University,
- California Federation of College Republicans
- Capitol Fellows Program
- CCCU American Studies Program
- Charles Koch Institute Educational Programs
- City Year Corps
- The Claremont Institute Fellowship Programs
- Claremont McKenna College
- College Republican National Committee
- Concerned Women for America
- Coro Southern California
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities Members & Affiliates
- Donald M. Payne International Development Fellowship Program
- Family Research Council
- First Liberty Fellowship
- Foundation for Economic Education
- The Fund for American Studies
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation
- Heritage Foundation Young Leaders Program
- Hertog Foundation
- Initiative on Faith & Public Life
- Institute for Humane Studies
- Intercollegiate Studies Institute
- John Jay Institute Fellows Programs
- Lead for America
- The Lincoln Institute
- The Maddy Institute
- The Matthew J. Ryan Center for the Study of Free Institutions and the Public Good
- National Review Institute
- Network of Enlightened Women (NeW)
- The Public Interest Fellowship
- Public Policy & International Affairs (PPIA) Program
- Rangel International Affairs Program
- Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute
- Scala Foundation
- SMU Tower Center
- State Policy Network
- Steamboat Institute
- SUNY Korea
- Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship Program
- Turning Point USA
- The United States Studies Centre at the University of Sydney
- University of Dallas
- The University of Redlands Public Policy Program
- Washington, DC Policy Scholars Program (School of Public Policy)
- Wilson Center for Leadership
- Young Americans for Liberty
- Young America's Foundation
- Young Conservatives of Texas
All P4 applicants are eligible for:
Pending review of program elements and based on criteria set forth in the SPP Academic Catalog, the transfer of six (6) elective credits.
- An early class registration time for the first term of enrollment.
See below the tier levels for eligibility.
- Minimum 70 percent of tuition scholarship
- Waiver of the standardized test score admission requirement
- Waiver of the Ethical/Moral Dilemma Essay admission requirement
- Only one (1) letter of recommendation required for admission (note: must be from an academic reference)
- Automatic acceptance into the Washington, DC Policy Scholars program for the summer term immediately preceding the first term of enrollment
Note: a separate application is required
- Minimum 40 percent of tuition scholarship
Interested in learning more about the P4 Program?
Dean Pete Peterson led a Live from Malibu session for prospective students involved in a P4 institution. We hope this presentation answers most of the frequently asked questions.
P4 Student Testimonials
P4 Partner: CCCU
"I chose Pepperdine because of its emphasis on normative questions and moral analysis as an important (but often neglected) aspect of public policy. Given my background in humanities, I was delighted that this school would allow me to continue drawing from the insights of history and philosophy while sharpening my quantitative reasoning skills. As a P4 student, the application process was streamlined and the scholarship offer made the program financially feasible for me."
P4 Partners: CCCU
"[The master of public policy] degree is perfectly tailored to my personal goals and my academic and professional needs. I appreciate that the degree is both quantitative and qualitative, uses applied history on modern problems and solutions, and includes subjects such as economics, political philosophy, and conflict management. I knew that the MPP program was the best path for me to take, and I am grateful I made that decision to apply."
P4 Partner: PragerForce
"The P4 affiliate program not only exposed me to the Pepperdine School of Public Policy, but expedited the application process to make my transition into graduate school much smoother. The corresponding benefits made the program far more affordable and accessible, and the School of Public Policy's commitment to investing in students by providing us with every opportunity for success is one of many things that makes this institution so special."
P4 Partner: Redlands
"My experience at SPP has been enjoyable. I really appreciate the time professors have taken to get to know us on a personal level. I always feel encouraged to participate and most importantly, to ask questions. Being back in the classroom has made my experience even more special. I am happy to say that I am eager to continue my academic and personal growth at SPP."