ICMA Student Chapter
The Davenport Institute is pleased to be the on-campus sponsor of the Pepperdine School of Public Policy Chapter of the International City/County Manager's Association (ICMA).
ICMA is the professional and educational association for appointed local government administrators throughout the world, making this an excellent opportunity to build a network of contacts with local government administrators both in California and across the country.
Pepperdine's program is the second such program in Southern California, where student members will be offered a number of resources including:
- Access to ICMA online, including research and job postings
- Free registration for the ICMA annual conference
- Guidance from Rod Gould, City Manager of Santa Monica, who will serve as a professional mentor for the chapter
- On-campus speaking-engagements with those who have made a career in local government.
- The Davenport Institute offers financial support to cover the chapter's membership fee. Priority for membership is given to students with a declared State and Local Policy specialization. The application process for the student chapter is open twice a year at the beginning of the academic semester. The application may be found by contacting our office below.
For questions about the Pepperdine student ICMA chapter, email our team or call 310-506-4494.