The University has confirmed that outdoor event capacity will not be limited. Tickets will not be required and guests count is unlimited.
To attend the ceremony, participants and guests are agreeing to abide by the Pepperdine University COVID-19 safety protocols which include but are not limited to the following:
- Attendees must not come if they are experiencing cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, or if they are under current isolation or quarantine orders.
- Masks are optional for graduates and attendees at this outdoor event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Registration for attendees and guests will not be required.
Outside of select reserved seating for graduates, guests may choose any available location. We recommend early arrival for best seating.
State and County Mandates
Commencement ceremonies at Pepperdine must comply with California Department of Public Health and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health mandates, specifically the state's COVID-19 guidance. The progression of applicable guidance and protocols will follow:
- California Department of Public Health COVID-19 guidance for Commencement/Graduation Ceremonies
- California's COVID-19 guidance for Outdoor Seated Live Events and Performances.
- Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Protocol for Live Outdoor Events and Performances.
Logistics and Accommodations
Yes. The commencement ceremony will be live-streamed for guests who are unable to attend. The URL for the live stream will be provided on the commencement website.
Graduation regalia rentals including the cap, gown, hood, and tassel will be provided by SPP for all students participating in commencement ceremonies. Students should plan to arrive no later than 9:30 am to allow for photographs and lineup. Tassels and caps may be kept by the student. The gown and hood must be returned at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Water will be available to all guests and a reception will follow the ceremony. There are no food concessions sold at the ceremony.
Students registering their guests should make a notation of any attendee who require mobility-related accommodations.
Parking passes are not required. When guests arrive at the campus they will go through a check at the guard booth and will then be directed to designated graduation parking.
Please reference Pepperdine's Around Malibu website. The Villa Graziadio Executive Center will not be available.