2018 Pepperdine Cross Sector Leadership Fellows Program
A Laboratory on Cross Sector Leadership
Program Overview and Goals
The Pepperdine Cross Sector Leadership Fellows program is the signature leadership education initiative designed for mid- and late-career professionals working across the nation in Business, Nonprofits, Philanthropy, Academia, and Government. Fellows bring a diversity of expertise and experiences; a desire to learn and contribute, and a passion for solving complex problems by applying learning to projects in their communities, throughout the nation, and across the world. The program aims to help Fellows build their practice of leadership in a number of ways, including:
- Four, 3-day, in-person learning experiences in Los Angeles/Malibu, Washington, DC, and New York City;
- Engaging in continued learning, reading, and networking throughout the Fellowship;
- Coaching calls, with a certified coach, focused on their personal growth, success in the Fellows program, and success in their cross sector work;
- A unique and growing cross sector problem-solving network of Fellows, alumni, faculty, and guest speakers.
The program's goals are that Fellows:
- Grow in their individual leadership development; valuing, understanding, and application of cross sector leadership skills; and in their familiarity and understanding of the practice and models of cross sector collaboration.
- Apply what they are learning to advance the work of their cross sector project.
- Believe that all the programming is designed and delivered in a clear, logical, and engaging way.
- Develop strong, supportive, and candid relationships with each other and with guest speakers, and faculty.
We encourage you to learn more about the Pepperdine Cross Sector Leadership Fellows Program before you apply:
- How can I learn more about the experience and hear from a Fellow? Email email@example.com.
- I have other questions! Please read the Fellows Program FAQs. If it's not answered there, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Program Dates and Application Process
2018 Dates for in-person Learning Experiences will be:
- Los Angeles/Malibu: March 26-28, 2018
- Washington, DC: May 21-23, 2018
- New York City: July 23-25, 2018
- TBD: Los Angeles/Malibu: September 2018*
*Due to efforts to improve our program, we have added an additional Los Angeles/Malibu experience this year, and changed the length of the four in-person experiences to three days each.
Please note that in Los Angeles/Malibu, there will be an informal welcome reception for Fellows to gather on Sunday evening. In Washington, DC and New York City, programming will start first thing in the morning on Monday. Unless you live locally, you should plan to arrive the day before (Sunday).
Fellows Program Time Commitment
In addition to the in-person learning experiences, Fellows should estimate that they will spend about 10 hours per month engaging in additional learning, reading, and networking.
Application Process, Deadlines, and Selection
In order to be considered for the 2018 Cross Sector Leadership Fellows program, candidates must submit a completed application packet which includes the following:
- Online application, which includes uploading your resume and describing a cross sector project you propose to work on during the Fellowship.
- Online recommendation, by someone who knows you and your work well (one recommendation is required, and up to two recommendations will be accepted).
- Early Bird Application Deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017, 11:59 pm PT. Candidates who have submitted their completed application packet (application and recommendation) by this deadline are eligible for a discounted program fees.
- Final Application Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2017, 11:59 pm PT. Candidates who have submitted their completed application packet (application and recommendation) by this deadline are eligible for the program paying the full fee.
- Notification of 2018 cohort: December 18, 2017
2018 Fees and Scholarships
2018 Program Fees
Early Bird Pricing
Transition Year Deadline Pricing
Please note that the program fee does not include travel to/from Fellowship Learning Experience sites, or lodging. The program fee includes 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, snacks, 1 dinner, and at least 1 evening reception. If accepted, a lodging package will be available for an additional cost. For context, 2017 lodging costs for each Learning Experience were as follows:
- Los Angeles/Malibu: TBD
- Washington, DC: $190.20/night
- New York City: $334.40/night
The Cross Sector Leadership Fellows program is a cohort-based experience. We aim to build a cohort of 24 individuals who reflect the diversity of our country in terms of sector, demographics, geography, and experience. Because the program is already heavily subsidized, we are only able to provide a limited number of partial scholarships for program fees. In your application, please choose the lowest partial scholarship amount you would need to participate. We do not provide full scholarships and are not able to subsidize travel or lodging. If you would like to be considered for a partial scholarship, please indicate so in the section of the candidate applications that asks about scholarships.