Meet the Faculty
School of Public Policy Faculty
Robert Sexton, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Social Science Division, Seaver College
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 241
Phone: (310) 506-4345
Fax: (310) 506-7271
- Ph.D., University of Colorado
- M.A., University of Colorado
- B.A., California Lutheran University
Robert L. Sexton is Distinguished Professor of Economics at Seaver College, Pepperdine University. He also teaches at Pepperdine's School of Public Policy. Sexton has been a Visiting Professor at the University of California, Los Angeles in the Anderson Graduate School of Management and in the Department of Economics.
Sexton's research ranges across many fields of economics: labor economics, environmental economics, law and economics, economic education, and economic history. He has written over 20 books and has published a number of articles that have appeared in journals such as: The American Economic Review, Southern Economic Journal, Economics Letters, Journal of Urban Economics, and The Journal of Economic Education. Sexton has also written more than 100 other articles that have appeared in books, magazines, and newspapers.
Sexton received the Pepperdine Professor of the Year Award in 1991 and 1997 and was named a Harriet and Charles Luckman Teaching Fellow in 1994. In 1999, he became a Distinguished Professor at Seaver College.
- Econ 200 Economic Principles
- Econ 210 Introduction to Microeconomics
- Econ 526 American Economic History
- MPP 602 Applied Economic Analysis of Public Policy I
- MPP 628 Development of American Economic Institutions and Policies
- American Economic History
- Economic Education
- Public Choice
- Regional Economics
- Robert Sexton's page at BEPress
- Exploring Economics, Seventh Edition, South- Western, Cengage Learning, 2016
- Exploring Microeconomics, Seventh Edition, South- Western, Cengage Learning, 2016
- Exploring Macroeconomics, Seventh Edition, South- Western, Cengage Learning, 2016