Economist Dr. James Prieger to Lead PEP Talk on Taxation of Reduced-Harm Tobacco Products
Did you know that there is a series of PEP talks, one every other week, that brings together political scientists, economists, and philosophers (PEP)? The presenters are faculty at one of Pepperdine's five schools.
On Wednesday, October 27, 2021, at 11:30 AM, Dr. James Prieger, professor of public policy at the Pepperdine School of Public Policy, will lead the PEP talk on the economics and policy of taxation of reduced-harm tobacco products in this series.*
Launched in the fall of 2018, Pepperdine's PEP Talks Research Seminar is rooted in the PEP tradition that started in the 1920s at Oxford University. Rooted in a gathering of faculty and students, the tradition calls for an interdisciplinary exploration between the fields of PEP. This type of program is centered around the view that, in order to understand social phenomena, it is prudent to employ several analytical frameworks and various disciplinary methods.
Located on the Malibu Seaver Campus in the Appleby Center, room AC 290, and meeting on Wednesdays from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, each gathering will feature:
- Pepperdine professors and outside academics presenting their current research
- Researchers having an opportunity to receive feedback from colleagues and students about their work
- Students having the opportunity to see current academic work presented as well as be participatory in the academic feedback mechanism
- An openness to all inquiring and intellectually curious minds
* You do not need to register for this event. All walk-ins are welcome.