Meet the Faculty
Alexei Shevchenko, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor, International Relations
Office: School of Public Policy (SPP)
Phone: (310) 506-7691
Fax: (310) 506-7494
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles
- M.A., History, University of Hawaii, Honolulu
- M.A., International Relations, Moscow Institute of International Relations
- B.A., International Relations, Moscow Institute of International Relations
Alexei Shevchenko holds research interests in international relations theory, international conflict and cooperation, American foreign policy, Russian and Chinese foreign policy and domestic politics, and political economy of post-communist transitions. His research was published in Communist and Post-Communist Studies, International Organization, International Security, and several edited volumes. He is currently working on the book manuscript about Russia's and China's status-seeking in international affairs, coauthored with Deborah Larson from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Shevchenko is a member of the American Political Science Association. He speaks Russian and Chinese (Mandarin).
He received a BA and MA from Moscow Institute of International Relations, a MA from the University of Hawaii, Honolulu, and PhD in political science from the University of California, Los Angeles.
- MPP 665.01 Region Specific Seminar: Eastern Europe
- MPP 665.02 China in International Politics
- MPP 665 Asia-Pacific Seminar
- Chinese and East Asian Politics
- Chinese Foreign Policy
- International Conflict and Cooperation
- International Relations in the Asia-Pacific
- Political Economy of Post-communist Transitions
- Russian Politics and Foreign Policy
- U.S. Foreign Policy