SPP to Host First Virtual Professional Certificate in Leading Smart Communities
Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, the Pepperdine School of Public Policy and Davenport Institute for Public Engagement and Civic Leadership have adapted its traditional program to offer the first virtual Professional Certificate in Leading Smart Communities this Fall 2020 to be held via Zoom. This virtual offering costs $750 and will consist of a series of five, two-hour modules held over the course of five Tuesday afternoons from 3-5 pm (PST).
From online public participation platforms to blockchain, technology is fundamentally changing the government-resident relationship. The impact of technology is felt across all departments in municipal governments-from public safety to planning. Given the pace of change, it's time for public policy schools to incorporate graduate-level education in the essential area of government technology (govtech).
In this fast-paced, first-of-its-kind Professional Certificate seminar, you will learn from leaders in government technology how to better use the new technology platforms of today, and gain a valuable understanding of the govtech "gamechangers" of the future.
- Demonstrate your leadership through digital knowledge, skills, and expertise.
- Differentiate yourself and showcase your advanced skills to your organization; be a champion for digital change!
- Understand how technologies like blockchain, IoT, and AI will be impacting governments in the future.
Outcomes and Program Highlights
- How did we get here? Understanding the past several years of dramatic changes in govtech.
- Social Media Strategy: How can we use online tools and social media to better engage our residents?
- Understanding Gamechangers: Blockchain, IoT, AI, and more!
- Running Data Analytics for Government: Getting control of "too much information"
- Cyber Security for Government: Protecting your data from attack
- Technethics: Learn how to think about new technologies through the lens of potential questions of ethics.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- Tuesday, November 24, 2020
To learn more about this professional certificate and speakers, please visit the webpage, here.