Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, we have adapted our Technical Support sessions to an online format.
The Davenport Institute is able to support the specific public engagement needs of your staff through advising, customized keynotes, trainings, workshops and webinars.
We offer facilitated workshops for executive retreats, half-day and full-day workshops for agency or department staff, interagency workshops, workshops for regional governance associations, topical public engagement trainings, and webinars. We also provide advising for municipal governments throughout California that are looking for support in either designing or facilitating a public process.
Over the last decade we have also developed a diverse network of policy-specific consultants that we can recommend for particular opportunities. On a limited basis, the Institute also contracts directly with municipalities to create customized offerings help them manage and lead a public engagement effort.
Examples of past customized offerings we have created include:
- Public Engagement for Public Safety
- Public Engagement for Planners
- Regional Approaches to Public Engagement
- Civility and Public Engagement (keynote)
- Creating a Culture of Public Engagement for Your Agency (executive retreat)
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Governments Make in Engaging the Public (webinar)
- City Budgets
- Land Use/Zoning
- Water Policy
- Program Prioritization
- We understand that some issues – due to their "radioactive" nature, and difficult history – demand an independent voice to facilitate public discussions that can focus on finding common sense solutions. We also know that engagements need to occur at the stakeholder and broader public levels, and different skills are needed to lead each of these conversations.
To explore how a Davenport Institute customized offering can support your work, email us to schedule a free phone consultation.