ICMA Student Chapter
The Davenport Institute is pleased to be the on-campus sponsor of the Pepperdine School of Public Policy Chapter of the International City/County Manager's Association (ICMA).
ICMA is the professional and educational association for appointed local government administrators throughout the world, making this an excellent opportunity to build a network of contacts with local government administrators both in California and across the country.
Pepperdine's program is the second such program in Southern California, where student members will be offered a number of resources including:
- Access to ICMA online, including research and job postings
- Free registration for the ICMA annual conference
- Guidance from Rod Gould, City Manager of Santa Monica, who will serve as a professional mentor for the chapter
- On-campus speaking-engagements with those who have made a career in local government.
- The Davenport Institute offers financial support to cover the chapter's membership fee. Priority for membership is given to students with a declared State and Local Policy specialization. The application process for the student chapter is open twice a year at the beginning of the academic semester.
For questions about the student ICMA chapter, email Executive Director Ashley Trim or call 310-506-4494.