As part of the Pepperdine School of Public Policy, the Davenport Institute remains committed to working with the school's graduate students to provide them with access to the best practices in local governance and online engagement. The relationship between citizens and government is changing fundamentally, and we seek to equip State and Local government students with the skills and tools that will make them effective leaders in the 21st Century.
The Davenport Institute helps facilitate the following students activities:
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA) Student Chapter
- Annual ICMA City Manager in Residence Program
- Davenport Discussions lunch series featuring speakers on the most relevant issues facing state and local government today
- Davenport Discussions podcasts
- Research assistant opportunities
- Help finding and obtaining summer internship opportunities